A mum died just hours after taking Ecstasy at a family barbecue attended by her two children. Dawn Rennie, 37, suffered massive heart failure after taking the Class A drug at a party hosted by her sister. She had attended the gathering with her husband Graham and their children, aged 12 and eight.
Mrs Rennie was taken ill in the early hours of the following day at her home in Woodlands, Bursledon, and died at Southampton General Hospital. An inquest heard that the couple had taken Ecstasy before but not often since their children were born.
Pathologist Dr Bruce Addis said toxicology tests carried out during a post-mortem examination showed potentially lethal levels of amphetamine and Ecstasy in her system, as well as cannabis.
How Do They Tell It Apart From The Smell Of Canvey?
51 minutes ago