Sunday, June 03, 2007

"Yer Mum killed yer baby brother !"

"having had two children, I had an early abortion when I found out that I was pregnant with a third, and had not – contrary to what I was "expected" to feel – experienced any indecision, guilt or trauma."

I wonder if Caitlin Moran's kids are at school yet ?

(on the other hand her surviving offspring will probably go to the kind of school where "yer mum" taunts are less common)


UPDATE - a correspondent points out her classic "Abortion: why it’s the ultimate motherly act". Got to be up there with "I wouldn't hit you if I didn't care about you".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprised you don't mention her last piece entitled: Abortion: why it’s the ultimate motherly act.

Anonymous said...

A profoundly disturbing article from someone who would no doubt proudly describe themselves as a 'liberal'.

Anonymous said...

I thought people who committed murder without feeling any 'indecision, guilt or trauma' were generally known as psychopaths?

Anonymous said...

Does she see anything even the tiniest bit wrong with writing an article about the feelings brought up by abortion, using a statistical sample of one? Obviously, such a line of reasoning is logically irrefutable (she's the world's top authority on her own feelings, of course). But how bleeding useful is it for anyone other than the virago relieving herself of that piece of emotionnal diarhea in the national press?