Thursday, December 08, 2005

A Few Muntjac On The Curate's Lawn

I'm surprised Reynolds hasn't blogged about this. In my limited experience ambulance men are notoriously unsympathetic to overdosers.

"A mother who took an overdose while suffering from post-natal depression has won £2.8 million from the ambulance service which, she claims, arrived too late to save her from permanent brain damage."

The BBC remembers the martyrdom of St John of Imagine, patron saint of Guardianistas everywhere.

"Imagine there's no country ..." - that's an easy one.

"Imagine no religion ..." - well, no Christian religion, anyway. But nature abhors a vacuum ...

"Imagine no possessions ..." - sung at the window of his stately home.


Alhough the 'militants' holding the 'peace activists' in Iraq don't seem to realise that those guys are on their side, plenty of others do. Everyone from Hamas to Abu Qatada is saying so.

The trial of the Scally voyeurs opens.

And "A serial rapist from Cornwall has been awarded £5,000 in legal aid to find out what made him commit his crimes."

5 comments:

Squander Two said...

Imagine no ‘Imagine’
it’s easy if you try
no crap piano intro
no self-pitying Lennon whine
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no ‘Imagine’
it’s easy if you try
just the collective Beatles output
and ‘Whatever Gets You Through the Night’
Imagine all the people
living without this song
You may say I’m a dreamer
but I’m not the only one
I hope some day you will join us
by refusing to rhyme ‘one’ with ‘one’

Imagine no ‘Imagine’
it’s pretty hard to do
admitting you prefer Ringo’s
mighty ‘Back Off Boogaloo’.
You may say I’m a wanker
but I’m not the only one
I hope some day you will join us
by refusing to play this shite, hypocritical fucking nursery rhyme ever again...

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Encore...!

Anonymous said...

Leave the fella alone, today of all days

No it's not his best but he did set the bar the highest and remember the song is called 'Imagine' not 'This is what I want and I want it now and by God I mean it'

Townsend wanted to 'die before he got old'; another hypocrite I suppose.

('It don't come easy' was better than Boogaloo)

Squander Two said...

I didn't mean to hurt you.
I didn't mean to make you cry.
I just had sex with another woman in the next room extremely loudly while you stood around looking awkward and putting up with the pitying stares of the other party-goers.
I'm just a jealous guy.

Anonymous said...

Time to let it go Cyn