Friday, September 19, 2008

Don't Push Me ...

Someone left a comment on the "North To Alaska" post to the effect that while my politics were sound, my taste in music was dire.

Let me tell you, Mr Anonymous Commenter, that was nothing compared to what I could post. For example, I've kept quiet till now about a musical fetish I've had ever since a mädchen I met on a Tyrolean holiday taught me how to yodel down the beautiful Liebestal valley.

Cop this. And think yourself lucky I don't post this. Or even this.

UPDATE - a yodel blog ! Mademoiselle Montana's Yodel Heaven. (She like cumbia too ... another thing I've kept quiet about).


I know the Laban readership aren't too big on political correctness. Nonetheless the combination of the music and the lyrics may prove too much for some. Just call this a product of its time.




(A while ago, btw, I posted about the late Hank Thompson, and lamented that his classic "The Wild Side of Life" wasn't on Youtube. It is now.

Neither was the original version of Merle Haggard's "I'm A Lonesome Fugitive". It is now.)

6 comments:

Mercurius Aulicus said...

"My boomerang won't come back"! That song brings back memories - ah the Good Old Days when you could make ethnic humour without calls to be tarred and feathered.

Mercurius Aulicus said...

Should anyone criticise your Musical Taste, Mr Tall, just tell them to Shudda Up Your Face.

Anonymous said...

"My boomerang won't come back" was my first ever pop record.

My second was "Donald, where's yer troosers"

And a guy called Arthur Haynes used to cavort across our TV screens dressed as a tramp, pushing a pram.

I had a Gollywog. He was magnificent in his silk finery, every inch the magical minstrel. I had a dolly too, called Susan. She had real cotton knickers and a red frock, and plastic hair. And she was black, with beautiful dark eyes. And this was half a century ago.

Anonymous said...

"taught me how to yodel down the beautiful Liebestal valley" sounds like a smutty metaphor to me.

Anonymous said...

Well I for one enjoyed Way up North

Mercurius Aulicus said...

If you like Country and Western here is an oldie but a goodie that was playing on the local country station this morning when I went to work.