Thursday, August 25, 2005

Good Job He Didn't Mention Rugby ...

Mr Thomas, who moved into the nearby village of Douglas three years ago, decided to consult his local councillor after hearing reports that the area was to be used as a dumping ground for hundreds of tonnes of English waste.

Relating his meeting with Meikle, Mr Thomas told the court: “I asked him about some letters he hadn’t replied to. His response was a torrent of foul language. He said, ‘I wouldn’t answer any of your f***ing letters, boyo.’

Mr Thomas continued: “He told me to f*** off out of his surgery, and stuck his face up to my face. He then said, ‘You don’t f***ing worry me, boy, and you don’t f***ing frighten me, boyo.’

I was dumbfounded. I’ve dealt with councillors over a number of years and I’ve never encountered anything like that.”

No comments: